#3 - What to do first.......

RIP OUT ALL THE CARPET!!!!!!


I am quite positive the root of the kitty issue lies in the extremely shag carpet that runs through the entire 2nd floor.  I'm not sure if you noticed in the pictures from the previous post, but YES that is carpet around the toilets!  Ew. Yuck. Why do people do it?!  Just so it's a little more comfortable for the footsies on those cold winter mornings?!  They're called SOCKS!!  Don't like socks?  Slippers then!  Or get one of these things I don't know the name of:


(Does anyone know what this is called without Google-ing it?)
I really have no clue why carpet around the toilet is even an option.  I heard somewhere it's safer for people with kids because there is no slipping and sliding after bath time.   But last time I checked, a bath mat does the same job.   Whatever, I'm not here to discuss the pros and cons of wall to wall carpet in the bathroom.  I just know that:

toilet + shower + kitty litter box + enclosed space with humidity =

RIP THE CARPET OUT!!!!

Just in case taking out the carpet was not enough to fix my allergy issue, I thought I might need to clean out the vents.  Ummmmm, guess what I found on Groupon right when this thought crossed my mind.......


Hello!! Talk about perfect timing. $49?! Purchased!





Renovations:
In terms of construction, I know of two major projects I need to tackle before I move in:

KITCHEN & MASTER BATHROOM

I need to figure out how I can get my kitchen to go from this.......





         



to this........












Sarah Richardson
Martha Stewart


Martha Stewart





I also need to figure out how to get my Master Bathroom from this......





 


       







  to this.....






Sarah Richardson




Sarah Richardson


Candice Olson

Ahhhhhhhh, wishful thinking..................but I'm going to try my best anyways :).

1 comment:

  1. Omg ur too funny!! Yes carpets in the toilet/bathtub area should be illegal!  One is just asking for accumulation of... ew.  Can't wait to see how the space turns out!
    --C

    ReplyDelete