#1 - Welcome to sandyshouse!

On January 30th, 5pm PST I closed escrow on my first house.  YAY!  My story actually doesn't begin here.  Once upon a time, while living in New York City, I stumbled upon a network called HGTV/DIY Network.   THE END (short story, huh).  This is basically the point where it all went downhill.  I literally became OBSESSED.  My DVR queue was jam packed with House Hunters, House Hunters International, Property Virgin, Income Property, Design Inc., Sarah's House, Bath Crashes, Divine Design, My First Place, Holmes on Homes..........I can go on forever.  Just like anybody else, I wanted to become a homeowner.  But after watching all these home improvement shows, my wish to own a home mainly came from wanting to play "interior designer" just like Sarah Richardson.  I wanted to knock out walls, demo kitchens, gut bathrooms, wallpaper, paint, plant a garden, buy furniture, reupholster a couch, pick out tile, buy slabs of engineered stone, etc, etc. 

After a 5 month process of tackling a short sale in East Costa Mesa, CA with an amazing Realtor, Jade Beardsley (southern California's version of Sandra Rinomato), my dream came true!! 

Instead of boring my family and friends with stories and stories and stories and stories of house crap, I've decided to put it all in this blog.  Many people have asked me for pictures of my house and all the work I plan to do but I'm not sure if they really are curious or if they're just being nice.  This way, no one has to listen to me blab on and on about what kind of tile I want in the shower or what color paint I want in the kitchen.  You can just click on a link, peruse through the pictures and be done with it.  Although, since this is my first time doing anything like this, I will be asking for advice so please feel free to give me feedback, share tips, offer ideas, etc.



*I promised myself I wouldn't put anything too personal on here, only house-related stuff, but I can't resist posting a picture of my baby nephew Kairo just this one time.  Well........he may make an appearance a couple more times in the future ;).

So cute!! (born a couple weeks before I closed escrow)

So, back to the house.  I have a monster laundry list of things I need want to do and here it is: (there is a monster bullet point list under each category too but I'm not going to discuss it here)
  1. Kitchen
  2. Master Bathroom
  3. Guest Bathroom
  4. Carpet
  5. Stairs
  6. Powder room
  7. Paint
  8. Laundry/Garage
  9. Fireplace
  10. Closet
  11. Windows
  12. Doors
  13. Patio
  14. Furniture
  15. And probably a whole mess of other crap-ola I can't think of at the moment.
Before I go into the actual renovations, here are some shots of the exterior of mi casa  (technically, a condo).

Unit #2!!

Garage

Driveway

Front "garden"

Mini parking area


No comments:

Post a Comment