#8 - Tile Time




Picking out was definitely one of my favorite things to do so far.  There is so much to choose from and everything is so pretty.  My go to tile place is Stone & Ceramic Surfaces in Huntington Beach.  The reason why I like this place was that the showroom was HUGE.  Most other tile places can pretty much get you the same stuff, but it's always nice to be able to physically see the tile and create patterns and designs on your own right there.  Just make sure you do a lot of research though.  Every tile place I went to was willing to match competitor prices.  Also, do the math ON YOUR OWN!!  With tile, I rounded up on the measurements and added 10%.  If you leave it up to the salesperson, you will end up with boxes and boxes of extra tile.

It took 5 tile stores, 4 appointments, and countless hours to decide which tile to put where.  The last thing I want is for my house to look like it's being flipped.  I don't want to use the same in more than one room.  Each area needs to have its own distinct style.

So here we go..................

KITCHEN:

1. Nominees for Backsplash are...


      



Master Bathroom:

1.  Nominees for shower are...


     
   


2.  Shower  floor:


  
 

3.  Bathtub backsplash:




4.  Bathroom floor:

 


5.  Nominees for vanity backsplash:

   

   
Guest Bathroom:

1.  Guest shower/tub:


     






2.  Guest bathroom floor:


 


3.  Vanity backsplash:

 



And the winner is................

Master Bathroom inspiration:


Design:




Guest Bathroom Design:

 

Master and Guest Bath Floor Design:



I hope everything turns out the way I want because that was a LOT of hours I spent just on tile......

1 comment:

  1. The tiles that u chose are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete