#9 - Paint the town.................I dunno



Choosing paint colors.........not so fun.  I have a hard time picturing what colors will actually look like once they're up on the wall.  Who knows how many times I went to Home Depot for paint chips.  So, keeping with the theme of my house, I went straight to Martha Stewart AGAIN.  The cool thing about the Martha line is that she labels each color with a symbol:



If coordinating colors is not your forte, this color key system will help you out A LOT.  It makes creating color combinations super easy.  Just match 'moon' with 'moon' or 'apple' with 'apple'. 

My starting off point is the color of my kitchen cabinets (already selected).

Sharkey Gray

So the color key I will be using is this: 


I've already decided that my kitchen and living room area will be the same color so that I can create the look a one large flowing space.

Kitchen/Living Room choices:

Rainwater
River Mist

Stairway/Hall/Master Bedroom choices:

Bedford Gray
Driftwood Gray
Nimbus Cloud
Cement Gray
Winter's Day

Front Bedroom choices:

Araucana Teal
Geyser
Lagoon

 Back Bedroom choices:

Butterscotch
Punch

I purchased about one thousand paint samples and just slapped them on the walls.

          
 
 
  
   

   
It's like a crazy person lives here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment